A limit order is an order in which a specific price is set to buy or sell a security. If the price point is hit and there is sufficient volume at that price point or better, your order will be filled. Limit orders may be placed as “Day” orders which are good for the day only, or as “GTC” orders, which are good until canceled.
Articles in this section
- What time is the US market open?
- What is day trading? Am I allowed to day trade?
- What is an “Open Order”?
- What is a “Stop Order”?
- What is a “Stock”?
- What is a “Market Order”?
- What is a “Limit Order”?
- What are “Restricted Funds” that I see in my account?
- How does one decide which stock to buy or sell?